IIDC-1394 FireWire camera SDK
Active Dcam is an industrial-grade hardware-independent Software Development Kit designed to provide developers with a rapid access
to FireWire (IEEE-1394) digital cameras. Just drop an ActiveDcam object onto the surface
of your application and have it immediately support multiple FireWire cameras.
With ActiveDcam your application does not have to rely on a specific camera model - any DCAM-compliant
1394 camera will work with it out-of-the-box in any popular development environment, such as
Visual Studio, Visual Basic (VB), Delphi, PowerBuilder, Java, Matlab, Python, Adobe Flash. You can even insert an ActiveDcam
object into an MS Word or PowerPoint document and have the live video embedded right into your presentation!
In addition you can:
- Acquire and display live video from one or several IIDC 1394 cameras.
- Select among multiple camera sources.
- Set the desired video format, frame rate and triggering mode.
- Select among several hardware and software trigger sources.
- Grab 8- or 16-bit per channel monochrome and color images.
- Perform automatic color interpolation of raw video generated by Bayer cameras.
- Adjust multiple camera parameters in real time: brightness, gain, shutter, gamma, sharpness, hue, saturation, white balance.
- Select the desired size and position of the scan area.
- Control iris, focus and zoom in cameras with motorized lenses.
- Activate automatic or one-push control over selected camera parameters.
- Choose between the relative and absolute value control.
- Save camera settings in memory channels or system registry and reload them on demand.
- Use proprietary camera features through direct access to 1394 registers.
- Choose among several palettes for pseudo-color display.
- Get an instant access to pixel values and pixel arrays.
- Retrieve individual color planes from RGB images.
- Save images in BMP, TIFF and JPEG formats.
- Obtain a timestamp for each frame captured.
- Time-lapse capture to AVI files and image sequences.
- AVI 2.0 support with unlimited file size, selectable compression and adjustable playback rate.
- Play back AVI files and memory sequences at adjustable speed, step and direction (DVR extension required).
- Scroll and zoom live video, initiate the full screen mode.
- Overlay multi-colored graphics and texts with adjustable transparency over live and recorded video.
- Import live video into PictureBox objects.
- Perform image processing on incoming frames and display them in real time.
- Flip and rotate live image.
- Perform real-time histogram and statistical analysis over a selected color component.
- Apply real-time running average and integration to video frames.
- Implement built-in background (dark and flat field) correction.
- Automatically identify hot pixels and eliminate them from incoming images.
- User-defined pre- and post-processing of video frames.
- Built-in LUT (lookup table), software brightness, contrast and WB control.
- Anti-tearing and monitor synchronization options for eliminating display artifacts.
- TWAIN interface to third party imaging applications.
- DirectShow Video Capture (WDM) interface to third-party video-recording applications.
- New! Ability to create 64-bit, 32-bit and mixed platform applications.
- New! Optional DVR extension for advanced digital video recording.
- New! Integrated barcode decoder (UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39, Interleaved 2/5, QR Code, DataMatrix, PDF417).
- New! Built-in 3x3 color correction matrix.
- New! Automatic bandwidth sharing among multiple cameras.
- New! Dual-packet and Jumbo-packet support for 1394b cameras.
- New! Enhanced thread-scheduling for multi-core CPU and hyperthreading support.
- New! Highly optimized speed and performance.
Ability to run multiple copies of the control in one application guarantees independent adjustment
and seamless parallel acquisition from multiple 1394 cameras in both the design and run-time modes, under Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 - both on 32- and 64-bit platforms.
ActiveDcam setup includes extensive documentation and source code samples for Visual C++, Visual Basic, HTML, VB.NET, C#, Delphi, Matlab, Python and DirectShow,
demonstrating live video capture, image processing and analysis, storing acquired images in different formats,
full control over camera settings, and many more.